Goa, the famous party capital of India where one can witness an amalgamation of Indian and Portuguese cultures, is one of the best places to plan holidays. From shiny noons to serene evenings, the dramatic sights with an abundance of sea & sand allure tropical holidayers from near and far. With a plethora of scrumptious local delicacies to multiple surprises combining historical sites, religious getaways, tranquil escapes, verdant surroundings, quaint villages, and a lot more, this pocket-sized paradise purveys delightful encounters. Glistening beaches with towering palm trees and exotic properties featuring leisure vibes, Goa is a coastal place in India that purveys an immaculate contrast between urban lifestyle and rooted culture. If you are planning to book your Goa holidays then continue reading to know the interesting things that must be part of your upcoming trip!
5 Best Things to do in Goa
Whether you wish to explore beaches and indulge in adventures or unravel the mysteries of greener coastal regions, here are the most exciting things to do in Goa:
1. Explore the beaches: Goa features a variety of beaches and you can admire the tranquil beaches of South Goa and spend vibrant evenings at North Goa beaches. Just take a few steps from your property and you can witness the sand, water, and quarrelsome waves. Baga Beach, Candolim Beach, Calangute Beach, Sinquerim Beach, Vagator Beach, Anjuna Beach, Arambol Beach, Morjim Beach, Colva Beach, Palolem Beach, Agonda Beach, Majorda Beach, etc. are the famous beaches here. You can indulge in kayaking, dolphin-sightseeing, swimming, jet-skiing, banana boating, and parasailing at these beaches.
2. Visit Spice Farms: Goa is home to spice farms and this is one one the prime reasons that attracted invaders to this tranquil tropical region. You get fragrances of black pepper, cardamom, cloves, etc. while exploring these landscapes. The place also gives you a chance to witness the local spice strategies and you can even take a tour of Tanshikar’s Working Spice Farm & Ecological Rest House.
3. Visit Basilica de Bom Jesus: Another interesting thing to do in Goa is to explore prominent religious sites. The Basilica de Bom Jesus is a famous church in Goa which was constructed in the 16th century. This archaeological marvel was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999. The complex structure of the church has a combination of Doric, Corinthian, and Baroque designs. An annual feast is organised here between late November and early December and this is the best time to witness the added charm of the site.
4. Plan a Getaway to the Dudhsagar Falls: Dudhsagar Falls is a four-tiered waterfall that cascades from about 310 m amid lush greenery. This is one of the highest falls in India and you can take a taxi or board a train to Colem and continue the remaining journey on a shared jeep and capture glimpses of the Devil’s Canyon on your way to reach the falls. You can also rent a life jacket to take a dip in the waters here.
5. Go Shopping at Anjuna Market: Shopping is another interesting activity to indulge in Goa and Anjuna Market is the hub of local products that you must check out while holidaying here. The market is set on Wednesdays when numerous local vendors and hawkers set up their glittering stalls along Anjuna Beach. You can check out ornate textiles, sculptures, woven bikinis, hammocks, magnets, skirts & dresses, t-shirts, beaded jewellery, etc.
You can enjoy sightseeing and explore tourist destinations like Aguada Fort, Chapora Fort, Terekhol Fort, Reis Magos Fort, Church of Our Lady Of Hope, St. Alex Church, The Saturday Night Market, Mangeshi Temple, Fontainhas, etc. Indulging in adventures and sneak peek at the historical sites are other prominent things to do in Goa. Do add the mentioned experiences to the itinerary of your Goa holidays for a memorable trip.