QuickBooks has always been at the top when it comes to state-of-the-art business accounting software. By using QuickBooks, millions of small and big enterprises supervise income and expenses and keep a regular track of their financial health. However, as we know, no software is immune to errors, and the same goes with QuickBooks. In recent days, a number of users have reported QuickBooks Has Stopped Working error while trying to run their QuickBooks Desktop software. We understand how frustrating this situation can be, especially when there is a lot of work that needs to be done. Therefore, we have come up with this guide to walk you through details regarding QuickBooks Has Stopped Working error, such as why it occurs and how you resolve it quickly.
In case you’re in a hurry and want instant troubleshooting assistance to get rid of the QuickBooks Has Stopped Working error, feel free to contact our QuickBooks professionals at 1-855-856-0042.
What are the reasons due to which the QuickBooks windows app does not working error arises?
Usually, the QuickBooks windows app does not work error arises when the program files of the QuickBooks Desktop get corrupted. However, there are other reasons as well that can lead to such errors in QuickBooks. Some of the most noticeable ones are as follows:
- The installation files of the QuickBooks Desktop are damaged or corrupted.
- The QBWUSER.ini file is either missing or damaged.
- Your Computer has been infected with viruses or malware.
- You Have added your company file name with more than the valid limit.
- In Your system, Your Hard drive is damaged.
Read More — QuickBooks error 6123
What are the best ways to get rid of QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error?
Solution 1) Use Quick Fix my Program tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
Quick Fix my Program tool is a robust tool developed by Intuit specifically to deal with issues related to QuickBooks program files.
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application on the computer
- Go to the official website of QuickBooks and download the most updated version (18.104.22.168) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- Save the downloaded file on your Windows Desktop so that you can locate it quickly whenever there is a need.
- Click on the file you’ve downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the steps mentioned on your computer screen to install and then accept the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation is done, double-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Step 2: Run the Quick Fix my Program tool to fix the QuickBooks program files
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub application, click on the Program Problems tab (from the left panel).
- Click on the Quick Fix my Program button to use the tool.
- Once the tool is done fixing QuickBooks program files, try to run QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Solution 2: From QuickBooks Tool Hub, use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
With the help of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool, you can easily fix corrupted or damaged installation files of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- From the left panel, select the Program Problems tab.
- Click on the QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool button to run the tool.
Note: QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool can take up to 20 minutes to fix the QuickBooks program files.
- Once the tool is done fixing the installation files of QuickBooks Desktop, restart your computer.
- Try to relaunch your QuickBooks software and see whether the QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error is fixed.
Solution 3: Manually rename the QBWUSER.ini file
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key.
- Type “Windows Explorer” into the search box and select Windows
- Explorer from the search results.
- Double-click on the C: drive to open it.
- Go to the following location: Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year].
- In the folder, locate the file named QBWUSER.ini and right-click on it.
- Select the Rename option.
- At the end of the file name, type “.old” and press the Enter key.
- On the keyboard, press Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- In the Run command, type “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8″ and press Enter.
- In the folder, locate the file named EntitlementDataStore.ecml and right-click on it.
- Select the Rename option, type “.old” at the end of the file name, and press the Enter key.
- Try to open your QuickBooks software and the company file.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the Clean Install tool
Clean Install tool is designed to rename old install folders for users automatically. This leads to the addition of new QuickBooks install files whenever users reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on their computers.
Step 1: Uninstall the already installed QuickBooks Desktop software
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Type “control panel” into the search box and select Control Panel.
- Locate the Programs and Features option and select it.
- Select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Find the version of QuickBooks Desktop you’re using from the list of software and select it.
- Click on the Uninstall/Change button and follow the instructions mentioned on your computer screen.
Step 2: From QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the Clean Install tool
- At first, open QuickBooks Tool Hub (saved on your Windows Desktop).
- From the left panel, select the Installation Issues tab.
- Click on the Clean Install Tool button and then select the OK button.
- Select the QuickBooks version and product version that you’ve uninstalled.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Select the OK button when the message stating, “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location,” comes up on your computer screen.
After following the steps mentioned above, download your QuickBooks Desktop version on the computer and reinstall it.
Dealing with QuickBooks Has Stopped Working error can be really tiresome, but with the right guidance, you can easily overcome it. With this post, we hope that we are successful in providing you with the right troubleshooting guide of QuickBooks Has Stopped Working error. However, if you’ve tried everything and are yet unable to open QuickBooks Desktop, we suggest you get in touch with our QuickBooks professional team at 1-855-856-0042 for live troubleshooting assistance fixing the QuickBooks windows app not working error.