Dental care has become an absolute necessity for millions of people around the world; Despite improvements and advances in health and dental care, people still suffer from gum disease and tooth decay. Until a few decades ago, bridges and fixed dentures were two main options for treating people with missing teeth, broken teeth, or in situations where teeth had to be surgically removed.
Modern dental care includes dental implants in Dubai, which are replacement tooth roots. An implant can support one or more artificial teeth; The implant is a titanium screw that attaches to the jawbone instead of the root of the tooth in the event of failure. They provide a solid base or base on which to attach removable or permanent teeth to match existing natural teeth.
- Increased comfort – Dental implants can help prevent discomfort associated with placing and removing dentures.
- Ease of chewing and eating: dentures do not always fit 100%; With increasing use, they become less suitable and there is a high probability that they will come loose when chewed. Dental implants eliminate this problem.
- Better Oral Health – Dental implants do not require the modification or adjustment of other teeth, ensuring that more natural teeth remain intact, improving long-term dental health and hygiene.
- Improved appearance as dental implants are designed to fuse with the jawbone; They become permanent and look like natural teeth.
- Improved Speech: Unlike the babble or mumble dentures sometimes cause, implants stay in place, allowing for better speech and communication.
- Increased confidence and self-esteem – a good smile brings back confidence and rhythm.
- Comfort: Prostheses should be removed and cleaned daily. with dental implants this is not necessary at all.
- Durability – Plaque can last a lifetime with proper care and regular dental check-ups.
Most dental implants can be safely placed in the dentist’s office under local anesthesia. A slightly more complicated procedure may require hospitalization and intravenous sedation. Each dental implant procedure is different as it takes into account the patient’s preference, the dentist’s experience and the overall need of the situation.
Plaque is placed flush with the gumline and buried like a tooth root. This gives time to heal and protects the implant from trauma. Once the healing period is over, the dental implant is exposed by surgically removing part of the gum covering it. This integration process is called “osseointegration”.
During this step, the dentist examines the implant to see if it has successfully integrated into the gum tissue and places a post or “abutment” that is drilled through the gum tissue. As the area around the gum line heals, it forms a collar that allows the dentist to access the implant while inserting the artificial or prosthetic tooth.
In some cases, steps 1 and 2 are performed together at short intervals. The advantage is that additional operations are not required; However, this is a decision of the dentist considering the time required for healing and implant integration.
The time interval between steps 1 and 2, if performed at different times, can range from a few days to a few weeks.
The final step is the fabrication and attachment of the prosthetic tooth(s) to the integrated dental implants.
Health or Dental Insurance
Dental implants are not usually included in dental insurance. Factors that lead to implantation are taken into account. In some cases the insurance company may consider coverage under existing health insurance. Since dental implants are an expensive treatment, it is advisable to consult the best dental clinic in Dubai. The patient must know the pros and cons before deciding to have them.