Getting errors while accessing the company file is pretty common for QuickBooks users. These errors can cause difficulty in working on the company data and frustrate the user. One of such company file errors is the QuickBooks error 6189 and 816. It occurs while opening QuickBooks or the company file and can be caused due to other possible reasons too. If you are facing the QuickBooks error code 6189 816, follow the solutions provided in this article to resolve the error and get back to working on QuickBooks seamlessly.
You can reach out to us for assistance with the error in case you are having difficulty fixing it on your own. Contact our technical team at 1.855.738.2784
Reasons Why the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6189 816 Pops Up?
The possible reasons for the QuickBooks error 6189 816 are –
- The QuickBooks application installation is not properly done or is corrupt.
- Malware or a virus attack has caused an infection in your system.
- The TLG and QBW files are damaged or corrupted.
- The Windows registry is having some issues or is damaged.
Recommended to read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15222
Solving the QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 Using Effective Steps
The QuickBooks error 6189 can be fixed by following the steps provided below –
Step 1 – Make Use of the QuickBooks Tools Feature
The QuickBooks Tool Hub has various tools to repair and resolve QuickBooks issues. Utilize the following tools to address the QuickBooks error 6189 816 –
- Download and install the exefile and open it on your computer.
- Go to the Program Problemstab and select Quick Fix my Program Tool to run a quick repair.
- You can also use the QuickBooks File Doctor Toolfrom the Company File Issues tab to fix company file and network issues.
- Use the QuickBooks Database Server Managertool to run a quick scan and diagnose QuickBooks. Select Start Scan to run the diagnosis process.
- Once done, check if the error codes are eliminated from QuickBooks.
Step 2 – Fix the Issues in the TLG and ND Files
Any damage to the TLG and ND files can give rise to the QuickBooks error 6189 816. To resolve this, go to the .ND and .TLG files and right-click on them to rename them. Add .OLD at the end of the file name and save the modified name.
Step 3 – Create a New Company File Location
Copy the company file from the server to your local computer to resolve the issues causing the QuickBooks Desktop error 6189 816. For this, click on the file and select Copy then, paste the .QBB file into your local computer.
Step 4 – Perform a QuickBooks Update
Updating QuickBooks can fix minor bugs and issues in the application that are causing the error codes. Install the latest updates and upgrade your QB Desktop to fix the QuickBooks error 6189.
The QuickBooks error 6189 and 816 can be fixed by following the steps given above. If you still can’t address the error, you can reach out to us for advanced troubleshooting. Contact our assistance team by dialing 1.855.738.2784.