Summary – Are you an Outlook user who wants to convert PST files to CSV? If yes, then you have to read this blog and at the end, you will know about the best methods for the same. Here, I am going to disclose two different methods to move your Outlook PST file into CVS format. But before that let us have a brief introduction of both the formats.
What is PST and CSV File?
PST file is the Personal Storage Table of Microsoft Outlook. It is used to store the data of Outlook users in online mode. On the other hand, CSV or Comma-separated Values is another file format used to save the plain text in tabular format. However, the CSV files can be operated in several other applications like Google Drive, Open Office, MS Excel, Spreadsheet, etc. And probably due to this benefit users prefer to export their Outlook data into CSV files.
Why Convert PST File to CSV Format?
- CSV files are small and compatible as compared to PST files.
- PST format is prone to corruption whereas a CSV file is safe.
- The data stored in a CSV file is represented in a tabular form which is easy to understand.
Some other reasons may also exist behind this forwarding of PST data into CSV files. But we have highlighted only the prominent factors. Now, let us now move to the main section of this article, and check out the methods to accomplish our goal efficiently.
Methods to Convert Outlook PST to CSV File
There are two methods to convert PST to CSV files. The first method is a DIY approach and the second one is an automated PST to CSV converter. Both the process have different processes of execution but the result is the same. You can check out both the techniques and choose the most preferable approach for you.
Manual Method to Convert Outlook PST to CSV File
- Open Outlook and go to File.
- From the Open&Export option, select Import/Export.
- Here, select the Export to a File >> Next.
- Select CSV File and go for next.
- Now, choose the folder type and hit Next.
- Go to the browse option and add the CSV file.
- After that click on the Finish button.
- Set the date to export the file and click on OK.
- Now, the file conversion process will start.
With the help of this manual approach, you can convert PST files to CSV. But this method has some drawbacks due to which some users do not accept it.
Limitations of Manual Method
- The DIY method cannot provide quick results.
- Technical knowledge is mandatory in order to implement the procedure.
- Data stored in PST files may get damaged or lost while converting manually to CSV format.
- No outside help is available for users in case of any need.
- Attachments from PST files may be left out while transferring them into CSV by this approach.
Professional Method to Convert PST to CSV Without Outlook
If you do not want to take the hassle of manual technique and want to convert PST to CSV file easily then you can use DRS PST File Converter. This is the best PST to CSV converter online version that enables users to migrate PST data into multiple other file formats. With software can also import PST to Office 365, Gmail, etc. The utility has a very smooth user interface and is compatible with all versions of Windows. It also ensures the privacy and security of your data at the time of file conversion. Additionally, you can check its functionality by downloading the PST CSV Converter-free version. The trial version allows users to convert 50 eamils per folder for free.
In this guide, we have discussed the causes to convert PST files to CSV. Along with this a free approach to also shared to export Outlook PST data to CSV. No doubt the manual technique is cost-effective but it has curtains disadvantages that cannot be ignored. Hence, the automated tool stands to be the most effective and trustworthy method to complete your task successfully.