Emirates Airlines Pet Policy is one of the best in the industry, with a wide selection of cabins and carriers available.
Emirates Airlines has a wide range of pets that are allowed to travel on their flights, including dogs, cats, and birds. Other animals such as rabbits, ferrets, and hamsters are also permitted to travel on Emirates flights. For more information on how to book your pet onto a flight with Emirates Airlines, contact our team today.
Emirates Airlines Pet Policy
Emirates Airlines is pleased to welcome your pet aboard our flights. We understand the importance of traveling with your pet and we are committed to making this process as easy as possible for you.
Pets are accepted on most Emirates flights, and there are no additional charges for them unless they exceed the maximum weight limit or exceed the size limit.
Emirates prohibits pets from being transported as checked baggage, but they can be shipped separately in a kennel.
The following information about your pet will be required:
- – The name(s) of the animal(s) being brought on board (maximum 5)
- – The type of animal (dog/cat/bird), breed, and age of each animal (if known)
- – The length of time it has been since the last rabies vaccination
- – Proof of rabies vaccination (for animals less than 12 months old)
The following are the rules for bringing your pet with you on an Emirates Airlines flight:
- You must be at least 18 years old to travel with a pet.
- All pets must be registered with the Department of Agriculture (USDA) before traveling. To register your pet, visit www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel/pet-travel-forms.
- Pets must be accompanied by a valid health certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of travel (certificates cannot be older than 10 days).
- You must also carry all relevant documents from a licensed veterinarian and have them available for inspection upon request from an Emirates Airline representative or official at check-in or at the airport counter before boarding aircraft for travel.
Emirates Airlines Fees for flying with pets
The Emirates Airlines fees for flying with pets depend on the type of pet and the type of travel.
Emirates charges $50 to transport domestic pets. This fee is charged per flight segment, so if you are traveling over multiple days, it will be charged per day. The maximum number of segments allowed is 3.
Domestic pets must be at least eight weeks old and not more than 20 pounds (9 kg). The animal must be in a carrier that can be stowed under your seat or in an overhead compartment. You may be asked to take the carrier out of its case at security checkpoints in order to verify that your pet is inside it and identify it as a pet.
If you are traveling internationally with your pet, there are additional fees: $100 per flight segment for international travel and $200 per flight segment for international first-class passengers who want to bring their dogs on board with them as well as up to two cats or one dog in their cabin, depending on the size of the animal.
Types of pets allowed on Emirates Airlines flights
There are a few types of pets that can be brought on Emirates flights. The most common are cats and dogs, but there is also a list of rarer animals that can be brought on board.
Emirates only allows pets to travel in the cabin if they are small enough to fit in an approved kennel and it costs $100 extra per flight segment (subject to change). This includes animals that weigh up to 8kg (17.6 lbs).
The following animals can travel in the cabin as part of your standard checked baggage allowance:
Cat or dog – no more than 8 kg (17.6 lbs) each, with an additional fee of $100 per flight segment;
Pets are welcome on Emirates flights, provided they meet the following requirements:
Dogs and cats can travel in the cabin as long as they are up to 20kg and there is room for them in the kennel. If you choose to check in your pet, it must be in a suitable container (eg. a hard-sided kennel or soft-sided carrier).
If you are travelling with more than one pet, each additional animal must have its own ticket. We do not accept pets in cargo when flying to or from Dubai International Airport (DXB) or Sharjah International Airport (SHJ).
Emirates Airlines Pet Reservations
When you plan to travel with your pet, you may want to book reservations in advance with Emirates Airlines. The airline accepts dogs and cats that are four months and older. When booking an in-cabin flight for your falcon, read the requirements for that country.
Once you’ve made your Emirates Pet Reservation, you can check your flight details to determine which airlines accept your furry friend. Once you’ve booked your pet’s flight, you’ll need to contact the airline’s local office and arrange for the necessary documents.
One of the most important requirements is a crate for your pet to travel in. If your pet is traveling alone, you will need to purchase a travel crate for your pet. You can purchase a kennel at the airport or a retail pet store.
If you are buying a kennel, check the size before you book the flight. Also, remember to check the import rules for your country. You should allow four days for the processing of your reservation.
You’ll need to purchase an approved travel crate for your pet if you’re traveling with them alone. However, you can purchase a kennel at Emirates locations to help keep your pet comfortable during the flight.
If you’re pet needs a crate, check availability and import rules before booking the ticket. You should also allow four days for processing. The airlines will send you an email or text message when you’ve booked.
Emirates Airlines Pet in the Cabin
The cabin class pets on Emirates Airlines are dogs and cats only. They must weigh less than 6 kg (13 pounds), be older than 8 weeks and younger than 6 months, and have had all of their vaccinations. If you’re traveling with a pet that doesn’t meet these requirements, you will need to check it as cargo.
If you choose to bring your pet in the cabin, there is an additional charge per flight segment. Please note: The maximum fee per flight segment is $250 USD.
Pets can travel in the cabin or as cargo, depending on their size and weight. If you’re looking to bring your pet with you on your next trip, here are some tips for making sure everyone stays safe:
- Your pet must be at least 8 weeks old.
- Your pet must weigh less than 8 kilos (17 pounds).
- You cannot bring more than one dog per cabin seat.
- You cannot bring more than two cats per cabin seat.
Emirates Airlines Pets in Checked Baggage
raveling with your pet is just as easy and convenient when you fly Emirates Airlines. We have a wide range of options for the comfort and safety of your pet, from which type of kennel to use to how much food and water should be provided.
When you’re moving through the airport, you will need to keep your pet’s kennel with you at all times. You’ll have plenty of time to play after check-in!
If you’re traveling with more than one pet, then each animal must travel in a separate kennel. Each kennel should not exceed 70 cm x 60 cm x 90 cm (27.5 in x 24 in x 35 in).
The following guidelines apply:
- Pet kennels must have a leak-proof bottom and secure enough to prevent the animal from escaping.
- The animal will need to arrive at least 48 hours prior to departure time so that it can go through quarantine and inspection processes.
Emirates Airlines Pets Guidelines & Restrictions
Emirates Airlines has a variety of policies and restrictions when it comes to taking pets on board. These guidelines are designed to ensure that all dogs, cats, and other animals traveling with you are as comfortable as possible during their journey.
Pets must be at least eight weeks old and healthy at the time of travel.
The Pets must weigh at least 4 lbs (1.8 kg) and measure no more than 20 inches (50 cm) from nose to tail.
They must also have documentation showing proof of vaccination, which can include:
- A certificate from a licensed veterinarian;
- An official document from an accredited institution;
- A health certificate issued by a recognized authority;
- Other documents issued by an official government agency
You can check in your pet if it meets all of the following conditions:
- The animal must be a cat or dog.
- The pet must weigh less than 8kg (17.6 lbs).
- Pet must fit comfortably in a standard crate that is no larger than 81cm x 51cm x 63cm (32″ x 20″ x 25″), or up to 120cm x 75cm x 100cm (47″ x 29.5″ x 39″) if you are traveling with two pets in the same crate and wish to carry them under your seat.
Emirates Airlines restricts the transportation of pets.
Pets must be less than 12 months old and weigh a maximum of 5 kgs.
If you are traveling with more than one pet, each pet must have its own carrier and have its own reservation number.