While downloading the latest update of QuickBooks, do might get QuickBooks error 15212 on your screen? Does this error 15212 create a problem opening the payroll file in your system? Well, this error can blink on your screen if you try downloading the latest version of QuickBooks from the software itself. In another case, if you do not provide sufficient permission to download the software update, you can find error 15212 on your screen, a warning you cannot complete your download.
Why do we get error code 15212 in QuickBooks payroll?
- If you are trying to update the QuickBooks version to the latest update, you can get this error on your computer due to some lack of permission from your system.
- You can also get in one more case, and if you are trying to download the payroll list from QuickBooks, then due to the unavailability of proper permission from the system, you won’t be able to download the payroll. Instead, you will get this error appear on your screen.
- When your system does not have enough face to download the file in that scenario also, you can get this error 15212.
- Also, if you are installing the latest version in another location other than the previous version, then you will face this error due to the mismatch of positioning.
Solutions to get rid of error 15212 in QuickBooks
It would help if you took a few precautions for applying the solution to resolve the error.
- Please ensure that you do not have more than two versions of QuickBooks software installed in your system.
- Also, ensure that your subscription for the QuickBooks payroll is up to date. In case of subscription expiry, you won’t get access to operate on this error.
Solution 1: Manually update of the software
- You have to open your QuickBooks and then go to the help option on the top bar.
- You will see an option to update QuickBooks.
- Click on that button; if you have any new updates, you will get a notification to update the software.
- If your system already has the latest version of QuickBooks, you will not find the updated file.
Then you can try another way to remove this error from your system.
Solution 2: Remapping of the files in the network drive
It is the simplest way to remove the QuickBooks error 15212. To remap your file, you have to follow these steps:
- Restart a computer and refresh it.
- Open my computer or This PC in your system.
- On the toolbar, you will find an option of a map network drive.
- Single click on that option and activate it.
- Now open the browser and select the file you want to remap in QuickBooks.
- As soon as the process starts, it will remap your entire file, and there is a big possibility that you will not find error 15212 on your screen.
Solution 3: Rename the previous files
If you are already facing the error in downloading the latest version, you can uninstall the whole QuickBooks and reinstall the newest version from the browser.
- You can uninstall the QuickBooks by opening the control panel and selecting programs.
- Download the latest version from the official website.
- Now you have some file downloaded from the previous QuickBooks in your system, rename all the files and save it in another folder in case there is a problem or bug in those files.
- Install the latest version.
- Now you can re-add those files after renaming back to the installation folder of QuickBooks, where the storage of the payroll file and other system information will be stored.
By using this solution, you will update the latest version without losing any previous files and information.
The QuickBooks Error Code 15212 can appear on your screen if you are trying to download the latest version of the QuickBooks software. Moreover, if there is insufficient accessibility granted from your system to download or modify the payroll file, you can also face this error.
However, we have given you all the methods and solutions to remove this error. However, if you still face any problems with this error, you can contact our QuickBooks payroll error support team on the helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787. You can also connect with us through our Live chat or email option.