A professional teeth whitening procedure produces the best possible results in a very short period. This technique of teeth whitening Surrey, which is done under the supervision of a dentist, has gained favor among individuals who are either disappointed with over-the-counter (OTC) solutions or don’t want all of the fuss and hassle of a professional at-home kit.
Professional whitening procedures perform in-office are normally accomplish in a series of brief sessions. Although this can vary depending on your specific requirements. One or more whitening agents are applied for 15- to 30-minute periods at a time; the whole dental practice Surrey visit should take no more than an hour and a half total.
There are a few different kinds of in-office whitening procedures available:
- A gel with a high concentration of hydrogen peroxide is administered using a syringe.
- A combination of hydrogen peroxide with a high-intensity light source, such as an LED, UV, or halogen. The light is delivered with the use of a lamp or laser device. That is placed right outside of the mouth.
According to research published in the Journal of Conservative Dentistry in 2016. Halogen light and laser light boosted the lightness of teeth more than just hydrogen peroxide alone. Study participants in the halogen and laser light groups maintained their white teeth color after three weeks. However, those in the non-light group had a “shade rebound” after just two weeks. Meaning that their originally brightened teeth turned darker as a result of therapy.
However, other studies have shown that. Employing a light instrument such as a laser or lamp in addition to a whitening gel provides no additional effect. According to research published in Materials in 2020. Tooth cells recovered effectively after being exposed to LED light-accelerated technology. And the majority of negative effects were “temporary and fleeting.”
Getting Professional Teeth Whitening: What You Can Expect
Even in-office teeth whitening is not a very difficult technique. It does take some expertise to prevent harming the gingival (gum) tissue during the treatment. Furthermore, costly equipment may be required for the preparation and completion of the treatment. Overall, the teeth whitening Surrey operation might take anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes. To perform depending on the complexity of the case.
When doing an in-office whitening procedure, there are numerous basic stages to follow:
- Before beginning, the dental practice Surrey will take a picture of your teeth to document their existing shade.
- After that, your teeth will polish using pumice. Which is a gritty substance use to remove any plaque from the surface of the teeth.
- Your mouth will isolate with gauze to protect your teeth from becoming too dry.
- To protect your cheeks, lips, and tongue from coming into contact with the whitening solution, you may use retractors.
- Following that, a barrier will apply along the gumline to further shield it from exposure to the solution.
- Following that, a whitening solution will apply to the teeth’s front surfaces exclusively, and the process would be repeated.
- As a bleaching agent, hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide is commonly use in the solution, depending on the manufacturer.
- Many whitening products need the use of a curing light or laser to activate the peroxide in the formula.
- If the solution is administered properly, it should remain on the teeth for 30 to 60 minutes. Or it should renew every few days, depending on the brand.
- The teeth will clean when the optimal shade achieve. (or after the maximum amount of time has elapsed).
- A fluoride treatment may use to alleviate any tooth sensitivity that may occur as a result of the medication. This is a typical adverse effect.
- Additional visits would plan as needed until the appropriate shade achieve, if necessary.
Following the procedure, you would encourage to refrain from consuming any meals or drinks. That has a high concentration of color for at least 24 hours. Coffee, tea, tomato sauce, tomato juice, yellow mustard, beets, black grapes, candy, and red wine are some of the items on this list. Smoking and the use of tobacco of any kind would also discourage.
Many consumers are turning to professional at-home whitening kits as a less expensive option to the more expensive in-office surgery. It is only via a dentist that you may receive these do-it-yourself versions. Which need a dental imprint to fabricate custom-fitted trays (dental cups contoured to your teeth).
The teeth whitening Surrey trays are typically made in one to two weeks. Depending on the complexity of the design. The process itself is carried out for one hour every day for two weeks, with no downtime. It is not difficult to accomplish and produces results. That are significantly superior to those obtained from most over-the-counter pharmacy products.
Topics to Discuss With Your Dentist Before Getting Your Teeth Whitening
- There are a variety of elements that influence whether your whitening results are as bright and sparkly as you want.
- As a starting point, whitening agents cannot penetrate plaque and buildup.
- Furthermore, subjecting a tooth with a cavity or exposed roots to a whitening technique may result in pain and sensitivity to the tooth.
- Before in-office whitening, it is necessary to have your teeth checked and well cleaned.
Finally, your teeth whitening Surrey dentist may examine any places of your teeth. Where the whitening chemical may not have been able to penetrate. Such as the ones listed below:
Fluoride-Exposed Areas Are Define As Follows:
- A porcelain tooth or bonded area is a sign of previous dental treatment.
- Trauma that resulted in the darkening of the inner layer of your tooth, known as the dentin.
- Treatment with tetracycline antibiotics throughout tooth development
Decide Whether Professional Teeth Whitening Is Right For You By Following These Steps:
Is it possible to tell whether you’d be a good candidate for professional teeth whitening Surrey? Getting a professional treatment can be the best option for you if you want to go at least two shades lighter. But don’t want to try over-the-counter treatments or have tried them and had little success.