QuickBooks Error Code 6123 appears on the screen while the user tries to restore, open, or upgrade the QuickBooks desktop company file. This error occurs at the time when a user tries to open a company file from a multi-user network. In this post we are going to resolve the QuickBooks error 6123. Thus, read it till the end.
You might see the following error message on your desktop screen:
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks error code 6123?
- Firewall restrictions
- Damaged data files
- Antivirus program
When you encounter such errors, you will receive a message on your screen about QuickBooks error code 6123.
There could be other reasons also of error code 6123 that are:
- This error code takes place due to damaged QuickBooks data files.
- If you have chosen the block Web Bugs filter option in your McAfee antivirus
- The firewall blocks the pot of your communication with the server hosting the file.
- Damaged Windows OS
- This error occurs because of multiple versions of the QuickBooks desktop.
- The reason could be if you might have changed the system’s name on which you have hosted the company file
Troubleshooting methods to Fix QuickBooks error code 6123
Many users face this issue on their screen, and they get panic at that time because your company file is not open at such time, which creates difficulty for you at the same time. So here we are mentioning some troubleshooting steps to solve such an error.
Method 1: In the Condition When you see QuickBooks error code 6123 at the time of opening or restoring the company file
If you try to open out your company file within windows explorer instead of opening it within QuickBooks, you may encounter several issues. Make sure that you are opening a company file within QuickBooks.
- Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub to run Quick Fix My program. To fix QuickBooks error 6123, you have to follow the steps:
- Open the recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub, where you have to select the Programs Problems option
- Now choose the Quick Fix my Program tab, and this would take a little more time if you installed it on multiple versions of QuickBooks on your system,
- After the Quick Fix Program Finishes, you have to open the QuickBooks to check whether the error is solved.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The second method is to Run QuickBooks File Doctor. Usually, the QuickBooks becomes unable to open your company files due to damaged data in the file. So, in that case, use the QuickBooks file doctor tool to eliminate damaged files.
Method 3: Rename the Company File
The third method is to Rename the Company File or remove special characters. You need to remove the characters if the file name exceeds 30 characters. Try to rename your company file to solve this issue.
Method 4: Renaming the .ND and .TLG file
The fourth method is renaming the .ND and .TLG file:
- After renaming the .ND & .TLG file create a new windows user
- Now disable the system security programs in which you have to disable the Antivirus application because it restricts the user from opening the company file.
- Finally, for opening or restoring the company file at the end, you have to move the company file to a different location after following the above steps.
Wrapping it up
We have written the above solutions to fix the QuickBooks error code 6123. After executing these steps, if you still do not get any benefit, then you can consult your query with our QuickBooks error support team via 1-800-615-2347. We provide you with an option to interact with the team to solve your issues.