If you’re considering visiting Florence, Italy, in 2022 but haven’t bought your museum tickets yet, this post is for you! The Uffizi Gallery is an iconic art museum that has been around since the 16th century. Needless to say, it has quite a few valuable works on display. This blog will go over how to buy tickets for the Uffizi Gallery in 2022 and provide some insights into what you can expect from a trip there.
What Can You Expect from a Visit to the Uffizi Gallery in 2022?
The museum is divided into several different halls, each containing a gallery of art. The three main galleries are as follows:
Uffizi Halls: For our purpose, we will be focusing on the first and third halls. The first hall is titled “Works of the Renaissance”, while the third hall is called “Masterpieces of Italian Painting.” Between those two halls are several rooms with art that have not yet been labelled. The second hall focuses on works from earlier than the 15th century. Finally, the San Casciano gallery showcases a collection of antique sculptures.
Reasons to Visit the Uffizi Gallery in 2022
- Leonardo da Vinci All day, every day – In 2017, the Uffizi Gallery hosted a hall dedicated to all four of Leonardo’s notebooks. It was a stunning exhibit that covered the complete works and influences of da Vinci. If you are a fan of his work, keep an eye open for when they announce their future exhibits.
- Some Like it Hot – In 2017, the museum hosted an exhibit titled “50 Shades of Red”, showcasing various red artistic styles from throughout history. Above all, the exhibit was meant to showcase art that doesn’t receive as much recognition as some of the other pieces on display.
- Small works from many different countries – It’s no wonder that the Uffizi Gallery is one of the most visited museums in Italy. It gets a lot of love for its collection of small and mid-sized pieces. There are several rooms with art from countries like the United Kingdom, France, and the Netherlands.
- Renaissance Masterworks – The Uffizi Gallery hosts some of the best Renaissance works in all of Italy. There are a lot of different rooms that each host their own respective collections. From Michelangelo to Boticelli, these works of art will surely please even the most discerning fan of the Renaissance period.
- You can take pictures – In most European museums, people aren’t allowed to take pictures in the galleries because they don’t want distractions from other guests. The Uffizi Gallery is an exception to this rule and allows people to snap as many shots as they’d like.
- Surprises – The museum often hosts special events, tours, and exhibits that will make visiting the Uffizi Gallery more enjoyable.
How to Buy Tickets to the Uffizi Gallery in 2022
- Choose your tickets – The museum is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Florence, so it’s no surprise that they don’t run out of tickets early on. Because of this, you won’t need to worry about buying tickets well in advance.
- Buy your Tours online – The museum is always filled with people visiting from around the globe, so they have realized the benefits of offering online ticketing. Buying Uffizi Gallery Tickets online ahead of time will make the process of entering the museum much faster and easier.
- Download the free app – If you’re visiting Italy on vacation from out of town, a group of people will likely travel with you. A good way to keep everyone in the loop is downloading the Uffizi Gallery’s app. It will map out a self-guided tour of the museum and give you information about your current location.
- Don’t buy your tickets at the door – Buying tickets to Florence’s Uffizi Gallery is easy online, so there’s no reason to try and buy them at the door. Save yourself some time and frustration by waiting until the day before to buy your tickets.
- Stop in the gift shop – If you plan on visiting the museum, make sure you stop in their gift shop to see some of their iconic works of art. This is where you can purchase an official Uffizi Gallery souvenir. It’s also a good place to pick up an after-hours pass if you don’t want to wait at the door once it opens.
- Maintain your stamina – Although the Uffizi Gallery is a popular tourist destination, it’s quite small compared to some other Florence museums. Yet, it’s also known for its lines and congestion. If you visit on a busy day, make sure you eat a little before you reach the museum, or you might start feeling hungry and cranky.
- Take breaks – If you begin feeling overwhelmed by all the art surrounding you, take a break. There are several exhibits you can walk through as a group and several rooms open for individual viewing. It’s a good way to unwind and appreciate everything around you before moving on to the next exhibit.