If you are looking for how to repair a corrupted Outlook profile, then in order to repair the corrupted Outlook profile here in this section, we are going to discuss the manual method to fix the issue.
We all know that Outlook is one of the most advance and one of the most popular email applications around the globe. But we also know that nothing is perfect so is Outlook. There are many Outlook users who reported many annoying errors. Now, the thing is that due to lack of knowledge many of them are not able to fix these errors.
From many Outlook errors, a corrupted Outlook profile is one of them and in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss how one can fix this error without any hassle.
How to Repair Corrupted Outlook 2007 Profile
Now, if you are working on Outlook 2007 and you facing any issue in your Outlook profile, then follow the below steps to repair the corruption.
- First, open your Outlook 2007 and then click on the Tools button
2. Now, select the Account Settings option you looking for a way to repair a corrupted Outlook profile, then you are on the right page. Here in this write-up, we are going to outline the main cause and troubleshooting steps to repair the MS Outlook profile corruption.
3. Well, an Outlook profile contains settings and configuration of the email account including all the information of the email account. So, if any problem occurs in the Outlook profile, then you will not able to open or access your Outlook profile.
Moreover, if we talk about the reasons, then read the below section.
Reasons For Corrupted Outlook Profile
Well, one of the major reasons for Outlook profile corruption is a corrupted PST. Because sometimes due to a corrupted PST the Outlook keeps crashing. Hence, it is very important to repair the corruption issue from Outlook. Also, there is another reason is when the PST file becomes oversized, then users face profile corruption. Also, the rest of the reasons are mentioned below.
- An unexpected Outlook termination
- Any type of interference or pause during Outlook Data transfer
- Inadequate installation or profile configuration of Outlook
- Now, after knowing the reasons let’s find out how to find the Outlook profile is corrupted
How to Find the Outlook file is Corrupted
Basically, there are multiple signs that show your Outlook profile is corrupted:
- You will encounter an Operation Failed error in Outlook
- You will encounter a blue screen error or processing error in Outlook
- Sometimes cannot start Microsoft Outlook
- You will face slowing down or lagging issues in Outlook
How to Repair Corrupted Outlook Profile Manually
- Now from the Account Settings window, click on the Email tab and then select the Outlook profile
2. After that, click on the Repair button
3. Now, follow the on-screen instructions and your profile will be repaired successfully.
Repair Corrupted Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 Profile
- If you are using Outlook version 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010, then follow the below steps to repair Outlook
2. First, open your Outlook and click on the File tab from the top menu bar.
3. Select Account Settings from the Account Settings drop-down menu.
4. Select the Outlook profile in the Email tab and click the Repair option.
5. Now, input your login information and click Next.
6. Wait for the repair procedure to begin.
7. When the repair is complete, click the Finish button.
8. After this re-open the Outlook application to see if the problem is solved or not. Now, if you are still facing this issue of Outlook profile corruption, then move to the next solution.
Repair Outlook Data File
As we said above the Outlook data file (PST) is corrupted, then you will notice Outlook corrupted profile issue. So, in order to fix this, you have to repair the corruption of the PST file.
Now, the good news is that you can use Outlook Inbox Repair Tool which is also known as ScanPST.exe. But before using this utility first you need to find the location of the ScanPST.exe because the location of ScanPST.exe varies according to the Outlook version. Now, to make this task easy for you in the upcoming section we have discussed all the locations of ScanPST.exe.
ScanPST Location Based on Outlook Version
For Outlook 2007
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
For Outlook 2010
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook Outlook 2010 64 bit
C:\Program Files (86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook 2013
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15
For Outlook 2016 & 2019
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
Simply copy the above path location and past it to the Windows path bar. And once you reach the location then follow the below steps:
- Double click on the exe file to open.
2. Now, click on the Browse button to add the corrupted PST file.
3. After this click on the Scan option to start the corruption scanning process.
4. Once the scanning process is over a Repair button pop up if the tool able to identify the corruption
5. Click on the Repair button to complete the repairing process of Outlook data file corruption.
Note: The above method is amazing but there are some limitations with this method such as the ScanPST.exe is only capable to repair minor corruption of the PST file. Also sometimes the tool is not able to complete the repairing process due to an oversized PST file. Along with it only repair header corruption of the PST files.
Best Approch to Repair Outlook Data File
Well, if you are facing severe corruption of the PST file, then you can try the Outlook PST Repair Tool. This utility is of its kind the tool that is capable to repair any level of corruption of the PST file. Along with it, the tool is also capable to restore deleted data from the Outlook PST files. So, if you are looking for the best solution try the tool.
If you are facing a corrupted Outlook profile, go through this write-up. Here we have discussed some of the best approaches on repair corrupted Outlook profile. In addition here in this blog we have also discussed an automated solution that will help you in order to fix the error. Now, it up to you to choose the right approach to fix this error.