The market is being driven by the growing incidence of chronic diseases, rising focus on early diagnosis of diseases, and soaring healthcare expenditure all over the world. CT is basically an imaging procedure that employs the use of specialized X-ray equipment for generating detailed images of internal organs for patients as well as their blood vessels, soft tissues, and bones.
The surging population of geriatric people is another major factor propelling the progress of the CT market around the world. According to the World Population Ageing 2020 report published by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), the population of people aged 65 years or above will rise from 727 million in 2020 to more than 1.5 billion by 2050. Depending on slice type, the market is divided into mid-slice, low-slice, and high-slice categories. Out of these, the high-slice category is predicted to exhibit the highest growth rate in the market in the coming years.
Whereas, Europe will hold the second-largest share in the CT market in the coming years, as per the forecast of P&S Intelligence, a market research company based in India. Asia-Pacific is predicted to be the fastest-growing region in the market in the coming years. This is attributed to the booming population of geriatric people and rising incidence of chronic diseases in the region. Apart from these factors, the improving healthcare infrastructure in emerging economies, such as India and China, is also propelling the expansion of the market in the region.
Hence, it can be safely said that the demand for CT procedures will soar all over the world in the years to come, primarily because of the rising incidence of chronic diseases and ballooning population of geriatric people in several countries.
Access Report Summary – Computed Tomography Market Growth Forecast Research Report
This study covers
- Major factors driving the market and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Market restraints and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Recent trends and evolving opportunities for the market participants
- Historical and the present size of the market segments and understand their comparative future potential
- Potential of on-demand logistics services, so the market players make informed decisions on the sales of their offerings
- Competitive scenario of various market segments across key countries in several regions for uncovering market opportunities for the stakeholders
- Major players operating in the market and their service offerings