Jebel Ali Free Zone is one of the world’s largest free zones. It specializes in trade, industry, and logistics. Moreover, it is the host to some of the largest enterprises in the Emirates today. Also, more than 20% of foreign investments and over 50% of exports from Dubai come from JAFZA. It doesn’t end here. JAFZA has a trade value of over $69 billion and currently holds a base of more than 7000 companies. Furthermore, providing over 135,000 jobs to employees from more than 100 foreign countries. This makes it a hot spot for JAFZA company registration.
If you are one of those people willing to start a new business in the UAE, you must learn all there is to know about JAFZA company registration. As you read further, you will come across all the necessary information related to JAFZA company registration, its benefits, and JAFZA license cost.
Why Choose to Go For JAFZA Company Registration?
There are many benefits of establishing a company in JAFZA. One of which is the straightforward JAFZA company registration process. A few more prominent benefits are:
- You are allowed100% foreign ownership.
- Easily repatriate100% of capital and profits.
- You do not need a minimum capital investment for company formation in JAFZA.
- The liability of a shareholder is limited to his paid-up share capital.
- There are no restrictions on the currency.
- You do not have to pay personal income tax.
- There is no corporate tax.
- You don’t have to pay any export-import duty.
- Get direct access to a global consumer market of more than 2 billion people.
- Enjoy the benefits of already built factories and warehouses.
- You can easily recruit foreign employees.
What is the Process for JAFZA Company Registration?
The registration process for JAFZA company registration is relatively quick and simple. Just follow the steps given below and you can acquire your license in just a matter of 2 to 3 working days.
- Select Your Business Activities
The very first step is to decide the nature of your business on the basis of which you will decide your business activities. You can choose from 2000 + business activities allowed by the DED. Moreover, if any activity that you want to conduct is not mentioned in the list provided by the government, you can easily request external approval. Once you pick and choose your business activities, you can mention them in the application form.
- Decide the Business Entity
The next step is to decide on your business entity. JAFZA mainly offers 4 types of entities, which are – Free Zone Establishment, Free Zone Company, Branch Company, or Special Status Non-Resident Offshore Company. Once you decide on the business entity, register it with the concerned legal department.
- Rent an Office Space
Now, you need to rent office space. Every company in the UAE has to have an official address. Moreover, you will have to mention your official address in all the business-related documents. The office space you choose should be suitable for your business activities. Make sure to have all the important documents, maps, and other approvals for the same.
- Register for Tenancy Contract
Once you have an office space, you now need to register it on Ejari. Ejari is an online registration platform to keep a record of all the lease contracts. Register here to obtain your tenancy contract and your unique Ejari code. Your unique Ejari code will be used for future inspections and references.
- Reserved a Suitable Trade Name
Now, you must select a suitable name for your company. It is important to follow certain rules while deciding on a name for your company in the UAE. One of the most important of which is that it should not contain any offensive words or any abbreviations. If you wish to name your company after a person, use their full name. When you are sure about the final name, register it with the concerned legal authority and the approval. Make sure that you do not name it after any other already established company. Moreover, keep the trade name registration slip safe for further approvals.
- Draft an MoA and AoA
The next step is to draft a Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association. Get these signed by all the business partners. Furthermore, notarize it in court and submit a copy to the concerned legal authority.
- Complete the Paperwork
You should now wrap up all the paperwork and submit all the documents to get the final approval. Make sure to check all the documents twice before finally submitting them for inspection. After a thorough inspection, if everything seems fine, the legal authorities will approve your registration and issue your business license.
- Collect Your Business License
Once the process is complete, the legal authority will send you an email with a payment voucher. All you need to do is, click on the link, pay the required fee and collect your business license.
What Are The Required Documents for JAFZA Company Registration?
The list of documents required for JAFZA company registration is as follows:
- Application form for JAFZA company setup.
- Original as well as a copy of the passport of the selected manager.
- Original as well as a copy of the passports of all the shareholders.
- No objection letter for each UAE resident shareholder.
- Summary of the business plan.
- Public and personal documents required for shareholders.
- Business profile of each shareholder.
- Board resolution to set up the company.
- The Attested signature of the manager specimen by JAFZA.
- Attested and notarized Memorandum (MOA) and Articles of association (AOA)
- Certificate of Registration.
- Chamber of Commerce membership certificate (in case of a branch)
What is the JAFZA License Cost?
The JAFZA license cost depends on the type of license you have applied for according to your business. Different JAFZA license cost starts from:
- Service License – AED 8,000
- Industrial and Trading License – Type 1 (offers up to 7 products from the same group) can cost you around AED 5,500.
- Industrial and Trading License – Type 2 (offers up to 12 products from the same group) can cost you around AED 9,000.
- Logistics license can cost you anywhere near AED 30,000.
What is the JAFZA Company Registration Fee?
Business set up in Jebel Ali Free Zone is quite reasonable as compared to other free zones in the country. Moreover, the license cost is also low given the number of business activities allowed in the region. All the companies have to pay a one-time registration fee to the government. The cost of a one-time registration fee depends on your JAFZA company formation structure.
- Free Zone Establishment – AED 10,000
- Free Zone Company – AED 15,000
- Branch Company – AED 5,000
Register Your Company in JAFZA today!
Given the simple process of JAFZA company registration, you can easily establish your company in just a matter of 5 to 6 working days. Although the process is easy, the paperwork can be too much to handle. To avoid any mishaps, we suggest seeking professional help from company formation experts. The experts at Shuraa Business Setup are professional and have relevant experience in business setup services.
They will guide you at each step and help you gather all the documents required. Moreover, they will also assist you throughout the registration process and give the right suggestions for your business. All you have to do is connect with us over call and we will start your company registration process as soon as possible.
Book a free consultation with our experts to know more about JAFZA company registration, or you can also call +971 44081900. You can also send a WhatsApp message at +971 50 777 5554. For email assistance, mail your query at [email protected]