QuickBooks is quite a handy accounting solutions app that people use to manage their day-to-day accounting works. People can track their transactions, receipts, taxes, and much more. But all the work can halt when QuickBooks fails to launch even after multiple attempts.
There could be multiple reasons for QuickBooks not starting up. We’ll look at all the causes and the solutions to troubleshoot this QuickBooks desktop won’t open error. Thus, keep reading!
You might see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Reasons Because Of Which QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
Various reasons which can lead to failed attempts at launching QuickBooks are:
- There could be a presence of a damaged QBWUSER.INI file in your system.
- Your hard drive might be corrupt
- A damaged or corrupt installation process can also lead to the error.
- An out-of-date QuickBooks Desktop is among the reasons behind this problem.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
You need to follow the below given methods in order to resolve the QuickBooks won’t open or doesn’t start error:
Solution 1: Fix the QBWUSER.INI File by Renaming It
- Click on the “File Explorer” or double-click on the “This Computer or My PC” icon on the desktop.
- Go to the search panel and enter the folder’s location with the QBEUSER.INI file. Enter: “Users(Your Username) \AppData \Local \Intuit \QuickBooksXX.”
- Look for the QBWUSER.INI file and right-click on it.
- Choose to rename it.
- Enter “OLD” as the suffix to the original file name. For Example: “INI OLD.”
- Also, edit the name of ecml in the same way as you did in the previous steps.
- After making all the changes, exit the window and relaunch the QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2: Give Admin Access Permission to The QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the “Start” menu and enter “Control Panel” in the search menu.
- Choose the “User Accounts” option.
- You’ll be directed to a different screen where you have to look for QBDataServiceUserXX (XX implies year of version) out of the given list of programs.
- Click on it to change the “Account Type” and tap on the “Administrator” button.
- Change the Account Type and save all the settings.
- Try to restart the QuickBooks Desktop and check whether the error persists.
Method 3: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” Program.
- Go to the “Downloads” & click on the exe file to initiate the installation process.
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub and switch to the Program Tab.
- Tap on the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” option to start the repair of the error.
- The process will take approximately 15-20 minutes to diagnose and fix the issue.
- Before launching the QuickBooks Desktop, don’t forget to reboot your system.
As we conclude, we have discussed every possible reason and method when your QuickBooks desktop won’t open or doesn’t start issue. All the mentioned methods are effective and curated by our team of experts.
If you are stuck at a specific step, then consult our experts or connect with the 24/7 QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-615-2347.
Read Also: What Do You Do With Empty Vape Cartridges?