Ij.start.cannon leads you to a way to obtain the setup for your Canon printer to make it run on your PC relentlessly. Canon printer has been the most prioritized printer among the masses and is known for its multifunctional abilities and efficiency. Readily available to serve various purposes, the Canon printers are hugely popular and used in corporate houses, businesses, and institutes.
The Canon printer lets you manage functions, including printing, scanning, faxing, copying, and more, depending on the model you choose. Additionally, you even get accessibility to your printer using wireless devices such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, and more. You can attempt a printing function from PC, laptops, and smartphones, including Androids as well as iOS. It requires you to download a suitable Canon printer setup via ij.start.cannon to enable the printer utilities to benefit you.
Process to Use ij.start.cannon to Setup & Download
Canon printer setup download is your first step towards its coordination with your PC. The Canon printer setup download is a simple process that requires you to take the following steps:
- Firstly, open your web browser on your PC and enter http //ij.start.canon setup in the address field.
- A Canon web page opens up on your screen. Click on Setup.
- Now, enter the name or number of your printer model in the given space to find the related setup for your printer device.
- In the next screen, select the Get drivers tab and let your operating system be detected automatically.
- If it does not get detected automatically, you can attempt to do the same by manually selecting your operating system from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click to open the Software tab and then click on the Select button.
- Click on the Download button and wait until the download completes.
- Then, click on Run to begin the installation process and follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation.
Using ij.start.cannon: Downloading Setup Wirelessly
Your Canon printer setup can be downloaded wirelessly using the following standard steps:
- Your wireless Canon printer features a WiFi button. Press the button to switch it on, and also turn the WPS button featured on your router on to establish a connection between the two devices.
- In case of the absence of the WPS button from your router, you can develop the link in a different way.
- Press Setup on your Canon printer, and then click on Device settings from the Windows settings on your PC. Press OK.
- Now, using the arrow buttons, tap to open the LAN settings, followed by an OK button.
- Now, you need to activate the wireless LAN, waiting for the printer to show you the standard setup.
- Then check out the access point and enter the security key.
- Once your wireless LAN gets connected to the Canon printer, press OK.
- As soon as the wireless connection gets established, you should get the Canon printer setup installed via the link ij.start.cannon or using the CD-ROM.
- You will have the setup file downloaded on your PC. Find the downloaded file, double
- click on it, and then click on Start Setup, to begin with, the setup installation process.
On getting the software license terms screen, read it thoroughly and click on accept to
- continue with the process.
- When you are asked the wireless connection type, select the required connection to keep the installation process going.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to continue, and lastly, click on Finish after having the installation process completed.
Having your Canon printer connected to a wireless network successfully, you now need to ensure if your Canon printer is added to your operating system or not. To check, you should consider the following points:
- Firstly, open your Windows menu and go to the Control Panel and click on the Devices and Printers option.
- On your screen, you will see a Canon Printer device visible with a green checkmark against it. If you can see a Canon Printer device icon, you can manually add it.
- To manually add the printer, click on the Add Printer tab. The screen opens up with all the available printers nearby. Choose your Canon printer and click on Next.
- If you see a green checkmark that means your Canon printer has connected successfully.
Canon printer setup via USB
You can also get the Canon printer setup using the USB method. To do so, you need to take the steps given below:
- Firstly, open your web browser on your PC and enter ij.start.cannon in the address field.
- You can also insert CD-ROM.
- To begin with, the installation of Canon ij setup, double-click the Msetup4.exe setup file.
- Click on the USB connection method for the setup installation process and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On being instructed, insert the USB cable on the rear of the printer, with its another end connected to the computer’s USB port.
- Install the ink cartridges. Make sure all of the connections are proper.
- Now you have your Canon printer ready and prepared to be used.
Why is My Canon Printer Offline?
Canon printers are well-known all over the world. With the increase in technology and people’s demands printers are coming in the IT marketing with advance features. But in all the printers there is a common problem and this happens with canon printers as well and it is- Canon printer offline issue.
After an update because of many other things Canon printer offline issue occurs. So, before fixing the issue, you should know what the problem is. In between so many causes, there can any issue because of which your canon printer is offline. Below we have listed some issues that are most common for canon printer offline issue.
- Printer not connected to a high-speed internet connection.
- Printer and computer are not connected.
- USB cable is not plugged in well.
- Printer is turned off or in sleep- mode.
- Outdated printer drivers of Canon printer.
- Printer is paused
- No Wi-Fi connection available.
- Printer job stuck in the queue.
How Do I Get My Canon Printer Online Back?
Why is my canon printer offline? How can I fix it? What are the steps for canon printer offline fix? And some related questions to these must be running in your mind. We are so much aware of this because after an update in your computer system the issue is likely to occur or sometimes it happens because of some different things. When Canon printer says offline, users’ printing work stops immediately this can hamper your work we understand which instantly gives rise to frustration.
So to solve your issues we have listed step-by-step guidance:
- Go to Settings and then Printers. Then see if your printer is offline or online.
- If your printer is offline then right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online”.
- Clear all printing job. Go to Printer Menu, and select Cancel All Documents. Maybe because of so many printing commands your canon printer is offline.
- Turn off the printer and then come back a few minutes later then check your printer by running a print test.
- On the Start menu enter Spooler service, and open the folder. Then go to Print Spooler and click Restart.
- Now click Printer Spooler again and this time select Properties. In the Startup Type bar set Automatic. Click OK and save the changes.
- If the canon printer offline issues still continue to occur, then proceed further.
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds> Devices and Printers, open the folder and see for your printer.
- Now select your printer and right-click on it, in the drop-down menu select “See what’s printing”. From there delete all the printing jobs.
- Run a print test to see if still, your canon printer is offline. If yes, then re-install the printer drivers and software.
How Do I Fix My Canon Printer Offline Windows 10?
In Windows 10 then an update comes sometimes it causes your printer to stop/pause or maybe canon printer offline. It is the most common problem that happens, but you don’t need to worry because we have the solution for this. We have mentioned the steps taken by experts to solve the canon printer offline issue in Windows 10.
Before starting to fix canon printer offline issue you need to make sure that you have checked below mentioned things:
- The printer is connected well with your computer and with the same wifi that is connected to your computer.
- The printer should be on or ensure to wake it up from sleep mode.
- Check paper tray and make sure that paper is not jammed and (or) ink cartridge is not empty or low.
- Now Go to Setting and then open Printers. Right-click on the printer and select “Use
- Printer Online” option. If you notice that your canon printer says offline or paused.
- Open the Printer menu and select “See what’s printing” and delete all the documents.
- This could have been stopping your printing work.
- Restart your printer and run a print test. If everything goes well, then your canon printer is online but if not then follow the next step.
- Now see for the Drivers and Software of your printer.
- Download and install the drivers and software of your printer.
How Do I Get My Canon Printer Online Back Mac?
When purchasing a canon printer for your Mac, you need to analyze this first that the printer you are choosing is able to connect with MacBook. For this, you can ask the manufacturer or research online. Sometimes canon printer offline issue also occurs when a canon printer is connected to MacBook. If you are facing the issue of canon printer offline, then read further to solve turn your printer back online for Mac, below.
- In order to turn your canon offline printer back online, click on the Apple menu and then choose System Preferences. Then open the Hardware section and select Print & Scan.
- In the printer list on left, select the printer. A drop-down menu will get open and from there you have to select the Reset Printing System.
- Confirm that your printer is on and connected to your Mac either with a wireless network or by USB cable.
- Now click Apple Menu> System Preference> Print & Scan.
- Now you have to select the + add button to add your canon printer to Mac.
- After clicking a drop-down menu will get opened, you need to choose your printer from the list and click to add. Your MacBook will automatically download the latest version of your canon printer.
If these steps don’t work properly then you need a professional’s help to fix Canon Printer offline on Windows 10