Women who undergo hormone replacement therapy and menopause, whether naturally or surgically, have an increased risk to experience all the menopausal symptoms along with other health issues. The risk increases further when other factors get involved such as:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease in family history
- Eating foods rich in cholesterol
What is meant by menopause?
Menopause is a stage that comes in every woman’s life. It is basically the phase in which the woman stops menstruating. When menopause is about to arrive, the ovaries start producing less estrogen than normal levels. Estrogen is a very important hormone that is responsible for maintaining female sexual health. As a result of this, women experience changes in the menstrual cycle and their physical appearance.
Menopause is the end of a woman’s reproductive cycle when she is unable to have babies anymore. It is technically the last menstrual cycle that she will ever have in her remaining life.
What are the symptoms of menopause?
There are a number of symptoms of menopause that a woman may experience before or after menopause. They may be different in different women. In clear words, we can say that not all women experience the same menopausal symptoms. Some of the most common and frequently occurring symptoms of menopause are mentioned below:
- Hot flashes or flushes
- Night sweats
- Low sexual libido
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Vaginal atrophy
- Thinning of vaginal walls
- Irritable bladder syndrome
- Mood swings
- Mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, etc.
What can you do to treat menopausal symptoms?
The symptoms of menopause can be relieved by getting hormonal replacement therapy (HRT). The Harbor Compounding Pharmacy offers you hormonal replacement therapy (HRT) in all forms. You can also get customized HRT by providing your prescription.
What is HRT?
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is a method in which estrogen is artificially given to a woman, with or without progestin. Estrogen with progestin is usually prescribed to women to decrease the risk of uterine cancer in women. It is basically a treatment to reduce the symptoms of menopause. It helps to balance the level of estrogen in women that has been lost.
What are the benefits of HRT that you need to know?
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) can have unimaginable benefits in some women. It is the only treatment that is usually prescribed by doctors to reduce the symptoms of menopause. It proves that HRT has benefits. The benefits of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in women after menopause include:
- HRT increases the flexibility of the blood vessels which ultimately allows them to widen. Hence, more blood can flow throughout the body freely.
- It improves the symptoms of menopause, including vaginal dryness, hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, insomnia, irritable bladder syndrome, etc.
- It has proved to reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis and fractures in women.
- HRT reduces the risk of occurrence of colon cancer.
- It has been proven to decrease the possibility of women developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- HRT helps to improve the levels of glucose in women’s bodies.
- It reduces the possible risk of developing heart disease in women.
How should HRT be taken for different problems?
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is usually recommended to women whose age is less than 60 years (which means within 10 years of naturally occurring menopause). In the following text, you will come to know about the dosage and form of HRT required for different problems.
- In order to treat problems like vaginal dryness or pain during sexual intercourse, you must go for low doses of vaginal estrogen. The doctors recommend estrogen through the vagina (in the form of topical creams) in fewer amounts.
- In order to treat hot flashes, you might require a comparatively higher dosage of estrogen therapy to affect the whole body.
- The women who have a uterus intact with them and who want to prevent the occurrence of uterine cancer must take estrogen along with progestin for about five years maximum. But remember, this duration of time may vary in women.
- The women whose uterus has been removed surgically can take estrogen alone as it would be safer. Using estrogen therapy alone is always a safer option.
Is Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) a safe option?
Yes, using hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for a shorter period of time is the safest option for women who are dealing with menopausal symptoms. Despite this fact, always make sure to get yourself thoroughly checked up by your doctor and talk to him or her about your medical history so that it can be made sure that you can get HRT. You can decide to choose HRT to reduce your menopausal symptoms with the help of your doctor. In most cases, if you have the following conditions, HRT will not be recommended by most of the health care providers if:
- Have a history of heart disease or stroke
- You have a history of breast cancer
- Experience abnormal vaginal bleeding
- A liver disease
- Endometrial cancer
- You have a high risk of blood clotting or ever experiences blood clots
- You have a gallbladder disease
How can you decide whether hormone replacement therapy is the correct option for you or not?
You cannot decide on your own whether hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is the best option for you or not. You will always need to get yourself monitored by a doctor regularly to make a decision with his or her help. The decision of whether it’s a good option for you or not has to be made keeping in view your medical history, the risk factors that are involved, and if HRT can help you or not.
In your life at different stages, you will feel that the hormone changes or hormone deficiencies can cause significant impacts on your body. Even though hormone imbalance is a part of life, it still can cause negative effects on your health and healthy lifestyle. To your benefit, hormone replacement therapy, also known as HRT, is ready to minimize the majority of these unwanted symptoms.
As a matter of fact, the advantages of hormone replacement therapy include improving the mental and physical health of both men and women. And the most interesting and beneficial thing about hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is that it can be tailored according to each one of your bodies’ needs individually. In this article, we will tell you about the most significant symptoms that if you might feel, you should know that you need hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
Hormone replacement therapy causes
Although the most significant cause of hair loss is considered to be genetics, hormone changes have been seen to be a factor too. The hormone that is mainly involved in the loss of hair is known as dihydrotestosterone, also known as DHT. It is basically a by-product of testosterone. Its imbalance can cause the hair follicles to become jeopardized.
Moreover, stress can cause a lot of hair loss in men and women. Your adrenal glands have to work more to produce hormones like cortisol when you get extremely stressed. The hyperactivity of adrenal glands can cause it to overproduce hormones. The hormone imbalance can cause thinning of hair and eventual loss of hair.
Now, the good news for those of you who are facing hair loss problems is that you can treat it with hormone replacement therapy (HRT) as it is related to hormones. HRT can help you to restore your hormone levels and reduce hair loss.
Get HRT from the Harbor Compounding Pharmacy
If you are experiencing any kind of unpleasant symptoms due to the imbalance of hormones, you should take hormone replacement therapy (HRT) from the Harbor compounding pharmacy with the recommendation of your doctor. You can visit their website for more information.