As the weather gets colder, you’ll need to take some extra care of your outdoor fountains.
Winter can be a tough season for outdoor fountains. With freezing temperatures and harsh weather conditions, it’s important to take some extra care of your fountain to prevent damage.
Here are a few tips to help you keep your fountain running smoothly all winter long.
Keep the water level up. Make sure to top off your fountain’s water level regularly, especially if it starts to freeze outside. A frozen water fountain can crack and damage the pump, so it’s important to keep the water flowing.
Use a water conditioner. If your water is particularly hard or contains a lot of minerals, you may want to use a water conditioner in your fountain. This will help prevent scale buildup and keep your pump working properly.
Cover the fountain when necessary. If it starts to snow or the temperature drops below freezing, you’ll need to cover your fountain to protect it from the elements. A heavy tarp or blanket should do the trick.
With a little bit of extra care, you can keep your fountain looking and working great all winter long!
CAN I RUN MY OUTDOOR FOUNTAIN IN THE WINTER?
Yes, you can run your outdoor fountain in the winter! In fact, many people find that their fountain is even more soothing in the colder months. The sound of the water can help to drown out the noise of the wind and the leaves, providing a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Additionally, the fountain can serve as a focal point for snow and ice sculptures. With a little creativity, your winter wonderland can be even more enchanting with a fountain at its center. So go ahead and enjoy your outdoor fountain all year long!
WHAT TO DO WITH MY OUTDOOR FOUNTAIN IN FREEZING TEMPERATURES?
If you have an outdoor fountain, you may be wondering what to do with it in freezing temperatures. The good news is that there are a few simple steps you can take to protect your fountain and keep it functioning properly. First, make sure to empty the basin of any water. If water is left in the basin, it could expand and crack the fountain. Once the basin is empty, cover the fountain with a tarp or burlap sack. This will help to insulate the fountain and protect it from the elements. Finally, if possible, move the fountain to a sheltered location, such as a garage or shed. By taking these simple precautions, you can help to ensure that your outdoor fountain will be safe and operational all winter long.
IS IT OKAY TO RUN MY OUTDOOR FOUNTAIN IN THE WINTER?
Winter weather can take a toll on your outdoor fountain, but with a little care, it can survive the season unscathed. First, drain the water from the fountain and remove any debris that has collected. then, give the fountain a good cleaning with a mild soap. Once it is clean and dry, apply a layer of clear silicone sealant to all of the joints and connections. This will help to prevent any water from seeping in and causing damage. Finally, wrap the fountain in a tarp or bubble wrap to protect it from the elements. With these simple steps, you can enjoy your outdoor fountain all year round.
10 benefits of fountains –
Fountains can add beauty and relaxation to any setting, but did you know that they offer some additional benefits as well?
Here are 5 reasons to consider adding a water fountain to your home or office.
- Fountains can help you relax. The sound of running water is known to be soothing and can help reduce stress levels.
- Fountains can provide white noise. If you live in a busy area or have trouble sleeping, the sound of a water fountain can help mask unwanted noise and create a more peaceful environment.
- Fountains can be used as humidifiers. If you live in a dry climate or suffer from allergies, a water fountain can help to add moisture to the air and reduce the symptoms of dryness.
- Fountains can cool the air. The evaporating water from the fountain can help to lower the temperature in a room, making it more comfortable on hot days.
- Fountains can save energy. By raising the humidity level in a room, fountains can help reduce the need for artificial heating and cooling, which can save energy and money.
- Fountains can reduce static electricity. The water vapor released by the fountain can help to reduce the static electricity in a room, which can be helpful for electronics.